Højgaard held his nerve to win his first European Tour title in just his 4th career start on the European Tour. This is the 21st global win for TaylorMade's M5 and M6 drivers featuring Speed Injected Twist Face technology.
Højgaard, keeping his cool shooting four rounds in the 60's, tied for the lead making his way into a three-way playoff, Højgaard succeeded at with an eagle on the third extra hole. Armed with a bag of TaylorMade clubs and golf ball Højgaard now rises to #2 in the Race to Dubai rankings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Højgaard’s maiden European Tour win is the fifth global win for TaylorMade’s new M5 and M6 drivers featuring Speed Injected Twist Face technology
- Højgaard chooses to play the M5 Driver equipped with a Tensei AV Blue 65 TX shaft and averaged over 313.5 yards off the tee.
- He sticks with the M5 family and plays the popular M5 Titanium fairway equipped with a Diamana ZF 70 TX shaft.
- Højgaard plays a full set of irons of P770 from 3 iron to Pw, all equipped with KBS C-Taper125 S+shafts
- Højgaard was on form with both his irons and his wedges as he hit 70.9% of greens in regulation all week
- Højgaard plays the Hi-Toe Wedges in 50, 56 and 60 degree equipped with KBS Custom Black X shafts
- Højgaard’s ball of choice is the TP5
- He becomes the third youngest winner in European Tour history
"It's amazing. To be on the European Tour so early is a dream come true and to be a winner now, it's incredible."
- Rasmus Højgaard
Rasmus Højgaard’s WINNING BAG AT THE AFRASIA BANK MAURITIUS OPEN: