Wolff's maiden PGA TOUR Victory is the 14th win on Global Tours for TaylorMade’s New M5 & M6 Drivers with Injected Twist Face Technology; Fellow TaylorMade Stablemate Collin Morikawa Finishes in Tie for 2nd
What You Need to Know:
- Wolff wins his first PGA TOUR tournament in just his 3rd start as a professional (4th overall).
- After playing the majority of his final season in college with the M5 driver, Wolff began his PGA TOUR by playing the first two weeks on Tour with a 8° M6 driver set to lower. This week, he opted for an 8° M5 driver, still equipped with Graphite Design's AD-TP 7TX shaft, which he's used extensively over the last few years.
- Matthew also added a new 15° M5 fairway to his arsenal this week in Minnesota, equipped with a Graphite Design BB 8X shaft.
- Matthew's P760 2-iron, used as a driving iron, is complemented by a 4-PW set of P750 Tour Proto Irons, which he prefers the shape, workability and forgiveness of. He has them equipped with Nippon's N.S. Pro Tour 130x shafts.
- A dynamic wedge player, Wolff generally employs a 3-wedge setup (in addition to PW) and this week was no exception, opting for a 52°, 56° & 60° (bent to 62°) setup in the Milled Grind (raw).
- Wolff made a quick switch into TaylorMade's Spider X Putter following it's debut, having played it in each of his tournaments as a professional to date. A fairly straightforward setup, Matthew plays his single bend model at 33" in length.
- With the win, Wolff is projected to rise more than 1500 places in the Official World Golf Rankings - from #1659 into the top 150.
Matthew Wolff's Winning Bag at the 3M Open
- M5 Driver | 8° | Graphite Design AD-TP 7TX
- M5 Fairway | 15° | Graphite Design BB 8X
- P760 2-Iron | Nippon N.S. Pro Tour 130X
- P750 Tour Proto Irons | 4-PW | Nippon N.S. Pro Tour 130X
- Milled Grind Raw Wedges | 52°, 56° & 60° (bent to 62°) | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Spider X Putter | Single Bend 33'' | KBS CT Tour