Johnson's 3rd win of the season is 19th of his PGA TOUR career and the 15th for TaylorMade's M3 & M4 Drivers in 2018.
What You Need to Know:
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 10 tournaments on the PGA TOUR this season and 15 worldwide, outpacing any other manufacturer this season.
- Having found success with both the M3 & M4 drivers this year, Johnson played the 10.5° M4 driver this week, which has been his go-t0 of late. After tinkering with another shaft, he has it equipped with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0, a shaft he's most comfortable with and has found much success using. For the week, he averaged 322.8 yards off the tee with a long of 392 yards (2) with an accuracy of 66% (37/56). He was also #1 in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (7.54), as well as Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (14.22) and Strokes Gained: Total (16.45) for the week as well.
- Johnson's three-stroke victory is his third PGA TOUR title this season and the 19th of his career.
- Earlier this season, Johnson made the switch into the P730 DJ Proto Irons. As he has for most of his recent career, DJ has them equipped with True Temper's Dynamic Gold X100 shafts.
- Johnson has praised the performance of the TP5 golf ball since he first put it into play at the Tournament of Champions last year. It's the 9th win on the PGA TOUR this season for TP5(x), with DJ adding his third win along with Day, Rahm, Rose and McIlroy.
- Johnson, along with many other players - both on staff and non-contracted - once again made the Spider Tour putter the most played model this week at the RBC Canadian Open, a testament to the performance of Pure Roll technology. After testing out a few other putter shapes, Johnson has predominantly played the Spider Tour Black model with no sightline, the same putter that elevated him to #1 in the world.
Dustin Johnson's Winning Bag at the RBC Canadian Open: