The life of a young golfer is full of comparisons. How they perform vs their contemporaries, how they perform vs themselves, strokes gained vs the field – everything imaginable.
Born in Chico, California, Kurt Kitayama turned pro in 2015 and has travelled all over the globe in recent years, playing the Web.com Tour for the 2017 season and the Asian Tour during the last campaign. Making three top 25 finished from 20 events in 2017 and nine top 25 finishes in 2018, Kitayama was one of only seven players to play all 252 holes in the three stages of the gruelling European Tour Qualifying School to earn his card for the 2019 season.
Kitayama might not be a household name yet, but he’s certainly made a tremendous start to life on the European Tour. In 11 starts, Kurt has picked up 2 wins with his most recent being at the Oman Open, jumping up to #105 in the Offical World Golf Rankings.
Quick Fire Questions with Kurt Kitayama;
- Age: 25
- Born: Chico, California
- Started Golf: 5 Years Old
- Lives: Las Vegas
- College: Vegas (UNLV)
- Favourite Club: P790 3 Iron
- Best Golfing Memory: I holed out on the 18th at NCAA finals to get my team through to match play stages – I holed a 7 Iron!
- Favourite Place in the World: Cypress Point
- How does it feel to win your first European Tour event?: Amazing, hard to describe, my only other win was a win on the Asian development tour, so this is another level!
- What would you most like to improve on this season?: Wedge play
Kurt Kitayama’s WITB;
- M5 Driver |9°| GD DI 6 X
- M2 Fairway |16.5°| GD DI 8 X
- GAPR Mid |3| GD DI 105 X
- P750 |4i| DG X100
- P730 |5-PW| DG X100
- Milled Grind |52°, 56°| DG S400
- Milled Grind Hi-TOE |60°| DG S400
Connect with Kurt