Molinari Clinches His First European Tour Title Since 2010 in a Play-off and Claims the 14th Win in 16 Weeks Worldwide for TaylorMade's M Drivers.
Edoardo Molinari finished his fourth round with a stunning eagle at the 18th, hitting his 2017 M1 Rescue onto the green in two on the par 5 and holing the putt to post the clubhouse lead. But with his nearest opponent holding his nerve to card a birdie at the last to get to nine under, the contest was set to be decided in a play-off.
On the first extra hole, Molinari calmly got up and down from just off the green, rolling in the winning putt from two feet for par to beat his opponent and claim his third European Tour victory.
With Molinari having fought back from a combination of serious injury problems and two visits to Qualifying School, this win shows his sheer determination to succeed.
It just shows that you should never give up, you should always keep trying, keep working hard.
Having recently switched to the new TaylorMade TP5X golf ball, Molinari commented:
I am very happy man with the new TP5X golf ball. I tested it thoroughly last week and now see a slightly higher launch, a lot less spin and higher ball speed. I have gained 4-5 yards with the Irons and up to 7-8 yards with my Driver!
What You Need to Know:
- Molinari plays the new TP5X golf ball.
- This was the seventh win this season for the new TP5/TP5X ball.
- TaylorMade was the #1 Driver Brand in play this week at the Trophee Hassan II.
- Molinari's win is the 14th win in 16 weeks for TaylorMade's '17 M drivers, more than any other manufacturer.
Edoador Molinari's Trophee Hassan II Winning Bag:
- '17 M1 Driver / 8.5° / Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 60-X
- '16 M1 Fairway / 14° / Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 80-X
- 2017 M1 Rescue / 17° / Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver 80-X
- PSI Tour Irons / 3-PW / X100 SL
- Tour Preferred Glove