Johnson's 18th career PGA TOUR victory returns him to #1 in Official World Golf Ranking
What You Need to Know:
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 9 tournaments on the PGA TOUR this season and 12 worldwide, outpacing any other manufacturer this season.
- Having found success with both the M3 & M4 drivers this year, Johnson played the 10.5° M4 driver this week. Per his usual, he has it equipped with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0 shaft. For the tournament, Dustin averaged 320.3 yards off the tee which led the field in driving distance.
- Johnson's victory is his second PGA TOUR title this season and the 18th of his career, which ties him for most on Tour since 2008 with fellow TaylorMade staffer Tiger Woods.
- Earlier this season, Johnson made the switch into the P730 DJ Proto Irons. As he has for most of his recent career, DJ has them equipped with True Temper's Dynamic Gold X100 shafts.
- Johnson has praised the performance of the TP5 golf ball since he first put it into play at the Tournament of Champions last year. It's the 8th win on the PGA TOUR this season for TP5(x), with DJ adding his second win along with Day, Johnson, Rahm, Rose and McIlroy.
- DJ has found much success on the greens with the Spider Tour putter, using it to escalate to #1 in the OWGR. After experimenting with the recently-released Spider Mini, Johnson returned to his Spider Tour black.
- With the victory, Johnson not only reclaims the #1 position in the OWGR, he jumps to #2 in the season-long FedExCup standings as well.
Dustin Johnson, P730 irons. © Getty Images
Dustin Johnson's Winning Bag at the FedEx St. Jude Classic:
M4 Driver | 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X Tour Spec 2.0
M4 Fairway | 3HL 16.5° | Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 95 X
P730 DJ Proto Irons | 3-PW | Dynamic Gold X100
Milled Grind Wedges | 52° & 60° + 64° Hi-Toe | KBS Tour Black 130 X
TP5x Golf Ball (#1)